Friday, 6 March 2015

I've arrived!

I have no idea if anyone has the link to this yet and even if anyone will want to read it but just in case - I've arrived in Auckland!! It took me 37 hours of travelling and I am possibly the most exhausted/ jet lagged I have ever been! However I am so so happy that I made it here! Although the flights were long I was set next to some really lovely people - special mention to the lovely Joshua who was my travel buddy from Dubai all the way until Auckland! We bonded over our love of Alexander McQueen and Disney and kept each other company during our awful layover in Brisbane. I was also sat next to a really lovely guy who was from Wales and he was a farmer/ rugby player who was going to NZ to learn how to artificially inseminate cattle and sheep before he took over his Father's farm which was a very interesting conversation! When I finally got to
NZ I jumped straight on a bus which took me straight to Queen's street (the Main Street), I was very impressed with myself for navigating so efficiently - so very unlike me! So now I am sat in my lovely hostel, chatting to 2 girls who have both been travelling alone for months and are having a fab time, which is very encouraging ! I'm looking at the Sony tower from my window and feel ecstatic! Hopping on my kiwi experience bus tomorrow - let the adventures begin! X

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah,
    At work so I only have a minute, but your Dad sent over the Blog address, and I have bookmarked it so that I can check it daily, and I have forwarded it to Rosalind!!
    We are VERY excited for you, and will look forward to the Blog updates. Your adventure is underway, and we could not be happier for you!!
    Lots of love from all of us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah
    Great to hear that you have arrived safely and that you met some great people to spur you on. We shall follow your adventures avidly- lots of love from Holtwood x x

    ReplyDelete