Wednesday, 27 November 2013

Bleach London Crazy Colours Review




Since I was 13 I have pretty much had the same hair, apart from going blonde a few years ago nothing major has changed. Despite being a beauty obsessive I have just never had the urge to drastically cut it or dye it a crazy colour… until recently.


A couple of months ago I hit 22 and am now having what I feel is a mid-life crisis. A bit dramatic I know but I suddenly feel very grown up, and with my final year of university underway I feel adulthood is just lurking around the corner waiting to stuff me into a grey shirt suit and sensible shoes.
So with a birthday boots voucher in hand and the desperation to feel young again, I began to trawl the depths of the Boots website, and came across these little beauties
I had already seen countless bloggers raving about Bleach’s silver shampoo and I had lusted over the ‘my little pony’ hair transformations over on their Instagram page, but I had never considered ever trying them. So I bit the bullet.

As you can already see I ended up with ‘Rose’ and ‘Awkward Peach’, which seemed like the tamest colours of the bunch.

However I have ended up very disappointed.
I attempted the Rose dip-dye around Halloween and after applying half the mixture and waiting for the instructed 15 minutes, nothing happened.
I tried it a second time and waited for an extended 30 minutes, ending up with a dark pink hue. Not terrible, but not brilliant either. It wasn't exactly the crazy transformation I had hoped for!
So after a few weeks of letting my hair recover, I tried my luck with Awkward Peach.
This time leaving it for 40 minutes.
Here are the results:
I have to say this time round I am pretty happy with the results. The full effect doesn't seem to show up on camera but I still think it looks pretty cool!
I was hoping for a stronger colour pay off but my hair is only part bleached (highlights) so I guess this is to be expected. But for £5 these aren't bad - you could easily get 2 dip-dyes out of one bottle which I think is a total bargain!
The great thing about these hair-dyes is that they only last up to 10 washes which is great if you are feeling experimental like me. The dye is also really easy to wash off skin and towels which was a relief because my bathroom ended up looking like a unicorn had exploded in it!
So overall, a success! I would say however that if you have hair any darker than mine then these are not for you. These are definitely better suited for light blondes or bleach blondes (hence the name I suppose!).
I've already been researching the new Loreal hair chalks so it might not be long until I'm back with another hair adventure!
Bleach London Crazy Colours are available in their London Salons and in most Boots stores as well as online. £5.

(Had to include this hideous one for laughs!)
Have any one you tried the Bleach London crazy colours? If so let me know how it turned out! Also if anyone has any hair colour recommendations let me know in the comments
                                xoxo

2 comments: